Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for February 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month, we are CASE’ing a project shown in a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. After all, with the Annual, Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs available right now, there is much inspiration from which to choose. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Not sure what CASE means? Well, I’ve seen this defined a couple of ways: Copy and Share Everything, and Copy and Selectively Edit.
I’ve chosen one of my most favorite projects from the 2017 Occasions catalog. The card can be found on page 42 and is made with a die and stamp from the Special Reason Bundle. This card is super quick and easy to re-create, as well as very versatile! Rather than use the same Designer Series Paper (DSP) used in the Occasions catalog sample, I chose some of my favorite patterned Designer Series Papers from the Annual catalog. Take a look at my first CASE’d sample made using paper from the Blooms & Bliss DSP pack featuring Island Indigo and Mint Macaron.
My next CASE’d version uses another patterned paper from the Blooms & Bliss DSP pack using the colors Rich Razzleberry and Sweet Sugarplum.
And, my last version of this card uses paper from the Floral Boutique DSP pack in Night of Navy and Whisper White. Take a look.
These are standard A2 cards (5.5″ x 4.25″). Cut base cardstock 8.5″ x 5.5″ scoring 8.5″ side at 4.25″ then fold in half on score line. I used Shimmery White cardstock cut 2.75″ wide and 3.75″ tall to cut out the die-cut flower using the largest flower in the Stylish Stems Framellits Dies set. The sentiment is stamped on a 3″ x 0.5″ piece of coordinating cardstock. Each card uses a 14″ piece of Linen Thread tied in a bow and Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the shimmery white piece.
Hope you have enjoyed the inspiration I prepared for you today! These are very easy cards to make and assemble. And, they assemble quickly. The stamp set in the Special Reason Bundle contains several sentiments such as Birthday, Friendship, and Congratulations which make the stamp set pretty versatile on its own.
Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of today’s CASE’d cards and what your favorite set is in the 2017 Occasions catalog. I love reading your feedback! Like my projects today? Please consider following my Beyond Beaches & Blessings blog, if you don’t already, by clicking on the Follow Me Now button to the right and providing your email address.
Thanks for visiting! To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
Supplies used in today’s cards (pick and choose products as necessary):