Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for September 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects represent our favorite year end Season. It may be Autumn, Winter, Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas (and maybe even a combination!) We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
My favorite season is the Christmas and I enjoy spreading the spirit of Christmas. I especially love sending Christmas cards to family and friends. My Pals Blog Hop card for September features the new Star of Light photopolymer stamp set and the coordinating Starlight Thinlit Dies from page 9 of Stampin’ Up!’s new Holiday Catalog. I just LOVE these two new products; sold separately or as a discounted bundle!
I chose Shimmery White and Night of Navy cardstock combined with Silver Foil Sheets and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. After stamping the images and sentiment “Merry Christmas” on the Shimmery White cardstock, I ran it through my Big Shot using the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder before adhering the assembled Star and Silver Metallic Thread. I used Stamping Dimensionals to adhere the Star to the Whisper White cardstock.
To finish off the front, I embellished with a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels. I also decorated the back flap of the envelope and included the message “A little Christmas Spirit brightens all the world” and lined the inside of the envelope with Silver Foil.
When assembling the card front, I adhered the Shimmery White to the Silver Foil. Then, I used Stamping Dimensionals on the back of the Silver Foil and adhered to the Night of Navy card base.
Below is a picture of the inside of the card. I stamped the sentiment and embellishment in Night of Navy ink on Shimmery White cardstock.
Finally, since it was difficult to get my lighting just right, avoiding glare with the metallic silver paper, I took another picture of the front of this card. Here, I placed the card and envelope inside of a clear envelope and laid on the keyboard of my laptop. I think the silver shows up better in this picture. And you can also see the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper which I used for the top layer of the Star.
Do you have a favorite season? Leave me a comment below and let me know what your favorite season is and what you think of the card I prepared for you today. I love to read your posts. It helps me learn more about you.
I encourage you to follow my blog by clicking on the Follow Me Now button to the right. Each time I publish a new post you’ll will receive an email notification.
Thank you for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jeanie Stark at www.juststampin.com
- Sue Becker at www.RnRStamping.com
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Supplies used to create my card include:
Gorgeous card, Lynn! I love the way you did the inside too!
A stunning Christmas card, Lynn. You have showcased the bundle!
Beautiful! Now I know why I need this set. 🙂
WOW!!!!! Simply stunning! Thanks for sharing (and adding to my wish list!!!)
Such a striking color combination and card!
Stunning card Lynn. All of your special touches make it simply spectacular!
Your card is so beautiful Lynn! Gorgeous! And thank you for showing the inside!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I love how you used the tief along with the stamps gave great dimension – thanks for sharing!
Absolutely beautiful – thank you for the inspiration. 🙂
Pingback: Favorites from 2016 | Beyond Beaches & Blessings