Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for August 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects using our favorite Stampin’ Up! cutting tools. There are so many wonderful punches, framelits and edgelits available that help make papercrafting more detailed and fun! We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
We have so many great punches, thinlits, framelits, and edgelits it’s difficult to choose just one! This card is a diagonal easel-style card on a base of Whisper White cardstock; a design inspired by a homemade card I received last week from my mother.
To create this card, I used paper from the Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper pack along with Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Don’t let this card fool you! It was quick and easy to make. For the sentiment and shaker, I used the You’re So Sweet and Mini Treat Bag Thinlits. For the butterfly embelishment, I used the Watercolor Wings stamp sets along with the Butterflies thinlits, using Rich Razzellberry, Sweet Sugarplum and Blushing Bride Classic Ink Pads. For the shaker material I used Clear Mica Flakes, which I am pleased to share will be returning in the new Holiday catalog (a little sneak peek, for you).
When you open this card, it folds into an easel as shown in the picture below.
The Rich Razzleberry sentiment on the inside of the card and the outline around the sentiment are from the Rose Wonder stamp set and the frame was cut from the Rose Garden Thinlits. If you don’t have the Rose Wonder stamp set, I encourage you to add it to your collection of card-making supplies; this set has many great sentiments in beautiful fonts.
Well, what do you think of today’s “Cut It Up!” card? Please leave me some feedback. If you liked this card, wait until you see the alternate versions I created using this same design to show off some of our other SU! Designer Series Papers. Follow my blog by clicking on the Follow Me Now button to the right, so you don’t miss out on my future posts. Hope you’ll visit again soon.
Thanks for visiting today. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin Jackie
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
Supplies used for making this card: