Welcome to the Families First Pals Blog Hop for April 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner…how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
The inspiration for my Families First Blog Hop project today is our amazing 27-year-old daughter. She teaches sixth grade Science in an urban middle school which has a very diverse student population. She is also finishing up her Masters Degree in Administration and will graduate in May. Therefore, a Graduation card seems fitting for today’s post.
Before we get to my Graduation card, I want to share with you how excited I am to have been chosen as a Display Stamper for Stampin’ Up!’s OnStage Local event in Minneapolis, Minnesota this past weekend. One of my favorite samples among those I created was this card using the new Lemon Lime Twist InColor cardstock along with the Beautiful You stamp set. It also features the new Lemon Lime Twist 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon. The new Ombre Ribbon comes in three color choices. These new products will be available June 1 in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. Take a look!
I just knew I had to recreate this card for our daughter as a Graduation card. This card reminds me of her generous and carefree spirit, along with her attitude of embracing the quote “Live, Love, Laugh” in her daily life.
For her Graduation card, today’s official project, I used the girl with the umbrella image and stamped the image by masking out the umbrella, and replaced with a fussy-cut Graduation cap. Check out the recreated version and let me know what you think? Do you think she will enjoy receiving her card?
Since I was only provided with the ink and solid cardstock for three of the five new InColors to use in my display samples, I needed a way to create some type of Lemon Lime Twist Designer Series Paper for the dress. To create her Lemon Lime Twist and Black Polka-Dot dress, I took a small piece of the white with black polka-dot paper from the retiring Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper and sponged with Lemon Lime Twist ink. The good news is, the Beautiful You stamp set will be available in the new 2017-2018 Annual Catalog along with this super, fantastic, new InColor – Lemon Lime Twist.
Now, don’t let the fact I used the masking technique a couple different ways on this card. It’s super simple! And, this card goes together quickly, too! The supplies used to make these cards are listed below.
Before you go, I would love for you to leave me some feedback on today’s post and projects in the comment box below. Let me know what type of cards you make most for family members this time of year. And, subscribe to my blog while you’re here by clicking on the Follow Me Now link to the right. You can also follow me on Pinterest here, Facebook here, Twitter here, or Tumbler here.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
Supplies used for today’s projects (pick and choose as needed):
- NEW Lemon Lime Twist InColor Classic Ink Pad (144086) – Available June 1
- NEW Lemon Lime Twist 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon (144234) – Available June 1