Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for October 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects feature cards made using “wicked” folds. What is a “wicked” fold? It is anything other than the standard A2 card fold. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
For this month’s Blog Hop, I chose to use a Double Dutch Fold Card. I’m not fond of the card being made from two pieces of cardstock, so I created my own template using just one sheet of cardstock that is 8.5″ x 9″ which produces a standard A2 size card when finished. I also chose to make a Halloween themed card as well as a Christmas themed card using products from the 2016 Holiday Catalog.
This Halloween card was made using the Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock; Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper, and the Halloween Scares and Spooky Fun stamp sets. I embellished the card using the Halloween Night Baker’s Twine in the Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black stripe for the double bow and added three Pumpkin Pie large enamel dots from Halloween Nights Enamel Dots.
Curious how I finished off the inside of the card? Take a look!
If you’d like to see the Christmas version of this card and see the cutting/scoring template to make a Double Dutch Fold Card, subscribe to my blog by clicking on the Follow Me Now button to the left. You’ll receive an email notification each time I update my blog. I can’t wait to show you the Christmas version of this card, so don’t forget to stop back later this week.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Beth Fairweather at Beth Fairweather Designs
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Supplies used to create this cards include: